Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Shopping and Cleaning

My downtown shopping trip has been postponed. We are going to try again this Friday. I was bummed cause I had measured windows, rug areas, shower curtians etc. I want to find some kind of basket with a cover, one for each boy to put their treasures in. I am tired of finding play money they made, coins, special rocks, paper airplanes, bottle caps, etc. on the carpet with Seth reaching for them.

Saturday Ryan, Joyce, Wanza, Titus, and myself spent the whole day cleaning the attic, scrubbing carpets, furniture, footlockers, and curtains. The attic is clean! After Seth's carpet was cleaned it didn't dry fast enough. It's been too cloudy and rainy. So it smells like wet chickens. It might need to be replaced. I found a carpet weaver that does really nice work. I can pick my colors and design and they look even better than Thelma Hops! Is that possible. I haven't priced them yet but would like to put one in Seth's room.

Than this week I have been taking curtians down in the rest of the house and putting them through the washing machine. Joyce irons them and rehangs them for me. We are counting the days til Oma comes! One of these days when Ryan gets home on time, we are going to drill more wholes in our cement walls and finish hanging pictures. All of this just feels really good. I want to clean three times a year. Again before Christmas when Nanna and Poppa come and before Titi Diane comes next summer. But probably not the carpets again!

3 comments:

diane said...

Yes, you better clean! I'm coming through with a white glove!

My whole life is better when my house is clean, is that true for you too?

The Williams in Africa said...

I somehow am happier, or more settled. Today I did paperwork and filed so my inbox is empty again. Oh Joy!

Anonymous said...

Now you can come over and un-cover Matt's desk (our inbox). I like that I never have to dust his desk, b/c the papers keep it well protected. dl