Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Individual Blogs

I have been taking pictures, actually alot of video yesterday. But didn't get any of it downloaded.
Let's start with Seth. Seth is teething again. The child isn't even 10 months and he is working on tooth number 9. Runny nose, red eyes, chewing on his fingers, waking up at night when the motrin wears off, the whole 9 yards. We gave him a hair cut last week. We buzzed him with a razor with the longest guard on. He looks alot better, still like a baby but a clean cut baby with no hair in his eyes. He is rolling over alot more, both ways, and tolerating being on his stomach for longer periods of time. Wanza feeds him the strangest lunches. Smashed broccoli, summer squash, zucchini, vanilla yoghurt and chocolate cereal. And he loves it. He takes a bottle the best for me and eats the best for her. Everynight our security company sends a truck with Kenyan guards on it to drive through the compound at midnight. The two dogs bark every night at it, waking us and Seth up. Than at 5 am the apartment building next to us has a Mus-lim call to prayer which wakes Seth up again. And sometimes he wants to stay up like this morning. I am not irritated at him, but I am irritated!

Levi conitinues to be my tenderhearted little boy. Several days in a row he was biting Cristiana. She is our neighbor girl and three and both are at that age where sharing and playing don't come easy. Especially when Levi is feeling a little insecure. But Michelle, Cristiana's mom, is understanding and Levi has stopped biting. We just know when those two are together we need to keep our ears open if they start fussing at eachother. Ryan has been working a lot the last 3 weeks. Coming home late, missing dinner, barely getting to tuck the boys in. Levi got really used to having daddy around alot. And asks where daddy is alot. He often cries himself to sleep when he hasn't had enough time with Ryan, this is not easy on Ryan at all. I am trying to be a supportive wife when Ryan has to work late, Caleb seems ok, but how do I help my little Levi. Today as I was leaving home to come to the hangar for a few hours, I told Levi I was leaving and he said a chipper 'ok'. But he chased the truck down the driveway and than stood beside the wall and cried. My neighbor brought him home for me and I know he would settle down quickly but it is quite sad and how long will this go on? Levi loves to go and play with the other kids and Caleb but he is often home too, hanging out. He loves to push a chair in front of the sink, put his apron on, and help wash the dishes. He is doing better at getting himself dressed and undressed. He still eats 2nd breakfast and elevensies. And he isn't going to outgrow his 2T clothes before Seth grows into them.

Caleb: What a good little boy. He plays hard during the day, and sleeps hard at night. I think both Caleb and Levi have put on weight in muscle. I can't hardly lift and carry Caleb anymore. He loves to wear his rubber boots and stomp through the mud puddles. He is a great baby sitter for Seth and will play with him for a half an hour at a time when I ask him too without ever complaining. He is getting really good at building things with legos. He showed me how you cut someones foot off with a sword. I said what will the person do with out a foot. Well he can get a new one. I said where can someone get a new foot? Well out of a book he says, I wonder how that works! Hopefully our sea freight will come soon and he can learn how to ride his new bike.

Ryan is frustrated at work. He is working lots of hours and often because of mismanagement. If the parts room had basic parts like spark plugs for the airplanes, his job would be alot easier. The person in charge of the parts room is not really listening to Ryan about several things. Ryan has been here 3 years and still can't log onto a computer and do log book entries for airplanes. He askes and askes but this same person has not gotten him clearance , he says he will but doesn't find the time and there isn't anyone else for Ryan to go to. I am frustrated because I can't help, but I sure would like too!!!

Dawn!!! I have had a headache since Saturday and very nauseated since Sunday. Being pregnant had crossed my mind and we would have been excited but that's not it. So tuesday I took some medicine for amoebas and hopefully will start feeling better soon. I am exhausted and don't feel like cooking. Also our refrigerator is not getting cold and I might loose all my groceries. The freezer compartment of the fridge is rock hard cold. I have no idea where to find a repairman. I started attending a new Bible Study on Tuesday, boy have I missed that. This one is on communication and I don't know all the ladies which is nice cause I could always use some new perspectives. I have been handing out our prayer cards and everyone likes them. What is not to like, we are very photogenic! We need to write a prayer letter but we don't know what to write. The big question has no answer. When do we move to Uganda?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a nice blog, i love to hear about all the kiddies, poor levi, he needs his daddy. hopefully a less busy time is coming for ryan. keepup the good work in writing we love it and love you mom

diane said...

My little Levi. I miss him! I'd come and play with him if I thought it would help.

Can't wait to see pictures of Seth with a buzz cut. I can just picture him being fussy as he's teething. poor guy.

And Caleb. The sturdy one. The oldest. He's a rock.

If you do get pregnant...please don't tell us on a blog, okay?

Life in the 'Burbs said...

Hi Dawn!! I'm laughing at Diane's last comment about telling us you are pg on a blog. I love to read your stories. This is such a great outlet to let us all know what's going on with you guys, please keep it up! :o) Jack sits in front of the Nienhuis Family picture and loves to point to everyone in the picture...especially you, Dawn :o) Today he said "Auntie Dawn holds me", I said, "Yes, she likes to hold you, do you miss her?" He nodded. Take care...
S