Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Dinosour and the Train by Caleb Williams

Once there was a train and there was a dinosaur egg and the train was carrying dinosaur eggs. And than dinosaur hatched and than it was so tired and the baby dinosaur slept on the track. And than the train came and almost rolled over it. The end.

Every week Caleb is to write (dictate) a story about 8 sentances long for his Home Schooling. He tells me the story and I type it exactly the way he tells me with no corrections of grammer. Than I read it back to him and he edits. Than when he has it how he wants it, I print it out for him. They also recommend sending it to someone like a grandparent so I am blogging his stories.
If you remember any of his made up stories, can you remind me. Its easier to get him started if he can retell a story to me he has already made up. Otherwise I get the 'I don't know any stories' response.
I was surprised with how well he did with this one. He is capable of alot more than I think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i do read your blogs and i love everyone of them.mom