Friday, November 30, 2007

Levi To The Rescue

Our Seth locked himself in the boys attic bedroom Wednesday and than fell asleep for his nap. Three hours later I realized I couldn't open the attic securty door. Being a security door, it's not meant to be opened when it's locked from the inside. If we are ever robbed, we use the attic as a safe room. It has a heavy metal door with solid sliding bolts on it. We have never used it as a safe room.

Titus put a ladder on top of the car port and broke a pane in the attic window to unlatch and open it. We chose Levi to crawl up and through the heavy security bars inside the window cause he's brave and little. By now Seth woke up and is crying cause he can't figure out what is going on. Levi's reassuring words calmed him as he hopped down into the attic. He raced down the stairs with Seth close behind and unlocked the door.

Later that night, Ryan zip tied the sliding bolts open from the inside. Seth can't break the zips but he has tried to slide the bolts today, stinker that he is. Ryan assured me he used thin zip ties that I could easily break with a burst of adrenaline if I was hearding the kids into that attic in a time of crisis.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Life in the 'Burbs said...

Thanks for the great blogs! The "Seth locking himself in the room with Levi to the rescue" is hilarious!! And I love Chloe in all her pink. Is there really any other color??? :o) Keep up the news, love it...

SN

Anonymous said...

Excellant blogs! Way to go! You are going to FREAK when you see what Chloe is getting for Christmas! I'm not telling, and mom better not either. Lets just say it cured me of my grinch spirit. Give Levi a big kiss for being so brave! dl

Julee Ann said...

Let me introduce myself. I found you on Dean and Sarah's blog? life in the burbs. Who are good friends and comment on my neice's blog Pariesienne Farmgirl. ANYHOO.
Lately I've been praying about meeting online or in person--someone from Nairobi. And God lead me to you.
My 2 daughters and a friend will be coming to Nairobi in Feb and Mar. to volunteer at an orphanage. They would love to correspond with you (as would I) by e-mail. Mine is juleeann(at)mac.com or you can comment on my website.
www.juleeannsjourney.blogspot.com
I'm off to read your blog!
God is good and...
...it's a small world afterall.

Anonymous said...

Hello Dawn! I enjoyed catching up on your busy family tonight...sounds like there is never a dull moment in the Williams' household. I can't believe how big the boys are all getting, and Chloe is truly beautiful, she has blossomed in the care of her family. God is good!!!! Aunt Dar told me she has been working on some of your adoption paperwork here in MI, good times. Ü Blessings & hugs to you and yours...Karin

Anonymous said...

It's hard to imagine Levi being old enough to be the rescuer. There are days that I miss you SO much! You guys are MUCH in our thoughts and prayers these days.