Thursday, October 19, 2006

Counting

I can’t wait to get to heaven today. I have different reasons on different days why I look forward to my Lord’s return. Nothing lofty or anything, actually quite selfish. I get tired of counting two things.

Money

I made a list of all the different accounts that need to stay balanced each month.

Two credit cards
US check book
Kenya account
Supporter salary statements
Work Funds

All of these relate to each other. If one gets off balance, the tower comes tumbling down!

In heaven I don’t have to count. Even now when there is enough to go around, I look forward to the day when there will ALWAYS BE an ABUNDANCE!

Calories

I weighed myself this morning like I do every morning. I usually guess what I feel like I weigh before I get on the scale. The number I see will tell me what will be comfortable to wear the rest of the day.

I’ve lost 15 pounds since Christmas. That is a pants size. What motivated me was that there were so many clothes in my dresser that didn’t fit. What a shame. Now they fit and my Christmas, Home Assignment clothes fall off me. This made me happy for a while but on days like today, I just wanted a comfy pair of jeans that gave a little in the waist. Either I have jeans that fit well or are bunchy in the crotchy. So to get comfy jeans, I could lose another 5 lbs. I am quite sick of counting weight watcher points and feeling chubby when I really am not. My close friends have noticed that I’ve lost since returning to Kenya. I’ve had three kids and major surgery and I notice it on me even if no one else does.

When I do my grocery shopping, meal planning, and baking. I think should I really buy this cause I’ll most likely be the one to eat it? How can I cook this meal with fewer calories even though my hubby and kids could use a little extra fat on them? Should I bake this cause my kids like it or I like it?

I thought of my sister Sarah today. She has identified ‘eating’ days. I think they come monthly. And I am having one today. I am just hungry and trying to stay disciplined. I might succeed. I might not. Don’t ask me tomorrow!!!

In heaven, I will look amazing! And I can eat from my Lord’s Table as much and as often as I want. And the food will not taste like it’s made from low fat milk products and sugar free sweetners.

Mocha’s made with full caffeine, Hershey’s chocolate, and whole milk. Give me a triple.
Lucky Charms with extra charms and more than ½ cup serving.
Toast with butter and fully sweetened jam.

Lunchmeat sandwiches with extra cheese and lots of mayo.
Iced Tea with lots of sugar.
Chips with dip.
Chocolate chip cookies dipped in milk.

Sirloin steak with mushroom sauce.
Twice baked Potatoes.
Fresh cooked veggies with butter and salt.
Salad dripping in Ranch dressing.
Cheesy garlic bread.
Beverage of my choosing.
Chocolate chip cookie dough ice-cream with chocolate syrup, walnuts, and two cherries on top.

And the next day would be a completely different menu for eternity!

2 comments:

Life in the 'Burbs said...

i wasn't hungry, but now i AM!! dAwn, you are right, I do know those kinds of days!! Sometimes you just have to give in to it and enjoy yourself, guilt free :o) you know why?? because someday you WILL be in heaven and none of that will have mattered anyway!! miss you guys
SN

Anonymous said...

I miss you honey. Hang in there. Maybe this will make you feel better. I completely BOTCHED a lasagna tonight. This is not a hard dish to make, I consider myslef a good cook, where did I go wrong??? I didn't cover it and used no-boil noodles. UGH! Matt was SOOO kind to me, we pulled off the crusty noodles and made the best of it. And now its time for Apple pie.
OK that last part probably didn't make you feel better, but it will me.