Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Elephant Feet

We had such a nice weekend. Ryan missed dinner every single night last week so we were ready to see him on Saturday. He took Caleb and Levi out all morning and for lunch so I had the house to myself with just Seth who takes great naps and is happy when he is awake. What a gift to be in my house alone. They went to the game park to update our game park cards so we get the resident rate not the tourist rate but they didn’t go for a drive. So instead he took them to the elephant orphanage. They maybe have 10-20 baby elephants under 2 years old. And at 11 am people can come and watch them being fed their bottles and play in the mud. There is only a rope separating the elephants from the people and often the elephants will crowd under the rope and walk through the people. One baby came up next to Caleb and Levi and they were petting it when Levi stepped forward the same time the elephant stepped back and Levi let out a scream. Ryan tried to pick Levi up and move him out of the way and could not even budge Levi. The game guy got the elephant to move off Levi’s foot and Levi reached infamy, he is now the kid who got his entire foot stepped on by a baby elephant. Not many people have that claim to fame.

They came home and we had rest/nap time. Than Ryan watched the kids so I could take a walk (5 more pounds to loose to get to my pre pregnancy goal). And that night I made BBQ oven baked Chicken, mashed potatoes with onions, garlic, butter, salt, and cream, and sweet corn off the cob. My favorite meal and we all sat down and ate it. That night Ryan let me pick the movie and we watched a chick flick. By the time we turned in, I was feeling like myself again, refreshed.

And than Mothers Day was nice too! Went to church, naps, got Ethiopian food for take away for dinner, no dishes. Had a great weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice blog, i love to read them and then read them again. the Caleb ant story is the best. thanks for keeping us informed, we love it and everybody is happy with a once a week update. love you mom

diane said...

Dawn, I laughed out loud when I was reading these stories today! Caleb is right...it does feel like Ants when you don't have a good bath!

Oh and how you described Seth...tasting the carpet! Too much! I laughed aloud again.

I love the pics of the Elephant Orphanage...especially since I've seen the Discovery channel show about it...

Glad you had a nice weekend for Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Great stories Dawn! dl